[Gpdd] behaviour

Kris Wright kayfacavies at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 14 18:15:16 EDT 2003

My two girls have been getting along really well since they were introduced
as adults. When one gave birth the other just accepted the babies as part of
the family. This weekend I got a new baby buff. She is only 5 weeks old. My
dominant pig chased her round the cage (which is quite big with several
nestboxes) and bit her on the bottom. I have taken the dominant piggie out,
hoping the baby will bond with the more gentle one but I want them to all
live together if at all possible. If I send my dominant piggie to get
pregnant is it likely that she will be more gentle and less territorial when
she comes back. Do pregnancy hormanes make piggies more gentle? She is a
show pig and I was planning babies at some stage anyway. Any advise on how
to solve the conflict would be appreciated.
Kris