[Gpdd] Health: ear mites

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Mon Sep 15 03:00:46 EDT 2003

Hello All,
    I think at least one of my piggies may have ear mites. The bpttoms of the back of his ears are a kind of crusty dirty. ALso, I discovered an upper chamber on the inside of these little guys ear that I'd never noticed -- Not the ear canal. But that upper part is crusty-dirty as well.
     What to do?  I tried cleaning with baby oil and cotton balls last night and when I've sent this will repeat. First tho I want to check with other piggies with the baby oil and cotton balls. They LOOKED ok but I want to be sure.
    Last night the cotton ball picked up all kinds of debris -- like dirty speckles as well as larger sightly crustier bits of junk. The black-ish or dark brown flecks were all over my hands as well. I didn't use surgical gloves for this because I felt that I could get a better "feel" of the situation and my progress. Naturally I washed my hands thoroughly and rinsed with alcohol while wondering "who moved my hand anticeptic gel."
    And I thought I kept such a close watchful eyes on these guys. (Guilt, guilt, guilt.)
   Also, would it be harmful to take a bit of peroxide on cotton overe the afflicted areas?
   Thanks so much!

Alge - the - guilty