[Gpdd] Care: Water Bottle Warning

Vernon L. Smith eythel at worldnet.att.net
Tue Sep 16 14:19:49 EDT 2003

Just something to watch out for.........you all know to make sure the little
ball bearing is down and not stuck in the tube.  But a few years ago my
Scooby went without water for 3 days!  The ball bearing was down but she was
not drinking any water.  As it turned out, there was an air lock either in
the tube or bottle.  So ALWAYS touch the ball bearing to make sure water is
coming out.  I've read that a gp's kidneys can be damaged if they go without
water for only a few hours.  Scooby was OK but I was giving her a lot of
veggies that contained a high water content (thank goodness!).

Warm wheeks, Janelle