[Gpdd] Health: Excessive Drinking

rebecca.wilmot at permabond.com rebecca.wilmot at permabond.com
Wed Sep 17 03:42:14 EDT 2003

Hi GP's
I caught Jimmy the other day bashing the living daylights out of his water
bottle, on watching him closely he must've had an itch on the edge of his
smiley lips, half the water was running down his face, and he was at a very
strange angle.  Then his back foot started flicking as if he was scratching
thin air.  I don't know whether he's got a bad neck or if he's too fat or
got too much fur but he can't turn his head very far so I think that is why
he was trying to use the water bottle to scratch himself.
Vincent drinks lots of water, I think he enjoys bashing the water bottle,
he especially likes fresh water.  My old guinea pig Rover, God bless his
soul, I never ever saw drink and he died when he was a year old.  I don't
know why he died, maybe it was related to not drinking.  Still Vincent is
2yrs old now and still going strong.
I think I would be more worried about a guinea not drinking than drinking
too much.
Bec, Vinnie and Jimmy

http://www.messagelabs.com