[Gpdd] Announcement: Hurricane Isabel

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 21 00:58:28 EDT 2003

Hello Slaves!
Sorry I've been away for a while. I've been
super duper busy and I've gotten a few days
behind on my digest readings. I hope every
Pig and every Slave are okay, especially the
ones on the East Coast that were hit by
Hurricane Isabel. We were hit pretty hard,
but not as hard as lots of other folks. I
had taken off Wednesday for my 31st Birthday
(Wow...I'm getting Old--hee hee!) and it was
a gorgeous day. I BEGGED Isabel not to ruin
my B-Day and I guess she listened cuz the
storm didn't hit until Thursday night. Well,
then they closed down our work office on both
Thursday and Friday, so I got a couple of
free days off. That was Nice and I did some
massive Spring cleaning (even though it's the
Fall season). So, I was very productive in that
sense.

Brownie Bear is doing well. She was a brave
little piggie and she wasn't afraid of Isabel
at all. We lost power for about 12 hours, but
we slept through most of that. Brownie Bear was
a little confused cuz we were walking around
with candles and flashlights. Also, she is
peeing regularly and so far, no sign of another
urinary tract infection...Whew! I haven't been
able to get back to the Vet because of all of
this madness, but once the smoke clears I'll
get her back there for a follow-up check-up
and urinalysis.

Well, it's really late and I'm finally getting
tired, so I'm going to bed now. I hope all Piggies
and Slaves are safe (and hopefully, everyone has
electricity now).
      Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps,
         Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear :-)