[Gpdd] HEALTH: Fatty Tumours

Evelyn Baker ebak at ca.inter.net
Sun Sep 21 13:56:53 EDT 2003

I have had several guinea pigs with fatty tumours. I would leave them.
There isn't much you can do and surgery is far more stressful,
especially a piggy of six.

Emily, the first guinea pig I had with them was not operated on and she
ended up with a lot of growths but lived to ripe age but the others who
had them removed did not live more than a year after their surgery. I
don't know if it had to do with that or because they got other health
problems.

Do have the growths checked out by a vet though because it could be
something other than a fatty tumour. One guinea pig I had ended up
having a cyst which was removed. But they could tell by the growth rate.