[Gpdd] Behavior --licking guinea pig

Leila Baldridge keegsmom at cablelynx.com
Mon Sep 22 19:55:45 EDT 2003

Of my 5 piggies, I have only had one who licked.  My dear little PJ, who
passed over the Bridge last spring at the age of 8, loved to lick my face.
>From the first day I met her, she would cover my face with little piggie
kisses and licks. She would even take my lip in her teeth and nibble very
gently but never bite. The explanation I was given for this was that she
liked the salt on my skin, but I always truly believed she did it because
she loved me. Of course I hope my other 4 piggies love me too, even though
they don't lick ! But I always figured that some pigs just show their
affection more than others, and I think PJ was one of those.  I count myself
very lucky that she shared her last years and her sweet piggie kisses with
me. So it is my opinion that as long as Bubbles is licking and nibbling
gently (not biting) she is showing contentment and being comfortable around
you.

Leila (slave to Koko,Jojo,Patch,Bryn, and little PJ who waits at the Bridge
for us)