[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Guinea Pig Oil Glands

DebraStory at aol.com DebraStory at aol.com
Tue Sep 23 22:46:11 EDT 2003

Hi Slaves:
I am new to GPDD.  I have three male cavies.  Patches is 3 years old.
Pumpkin is five months old.  Peanut was adopted from the humane society and I
believe he is about the same age as Patches.  Patches just returned from a trip to
the vet.  He had a lump on his lower belly which was diagnosed as an infected
penis.  Has anyone else run into this?  The vet put him on an antibiotic for a
week - very expensive at $45.  Is this unreasonable for a liquid antibiotic?
Also wondered if any of you have found any good way to clean male oil gland
buildup on the rump.  I have not had any good luck with cat shampoo or with baby
shampoo.  What do any of you use?  Condolences to all of you who have
recently lost a piggie.  I know exactly how you feel since I have lost two in the
past.  It is really hard to deal with.  Wheeeeps to all.  Debra, Patches, Peanut,
and Pumpkin