[Gpdd] Re: Announcement..On the passing of Charo

Off1Knight at aol.com Off1Knight at aol.com
Wed Sep 24 20:16:51 EDT 2003

I have never failed to shed a tear for any of our little guys when I read
here of their passing. To be sure, there is none who's passing hurts the heart of
his or her mother or father more than any other. Yet when I read about Charo
I was struck by the fact that she was 4 yrs and 5 months old when she passed
and that is just about the age of my little guy George. Charo was indeed a
remarkable little piggy from what her proud mother has chosen to share with us.
But of all the tricks and things any piggy can do, what makes each of us glow
within is that moment where they realize you love them and would give anything
you could to help heal them when they are sick and to make them happy when they
are well. It was clear that Charo made that moment absolutely memorable. I
can only imagine what her mother felt at that moment. As I have said none of us
wish to loose our little ones but it WILL come one day...and ALL we can pray
for is to have them slip over the bridge quietly and without so much as a
whimper. Charo's mother made the most difficult decision any mother/father could be
called upon to be made.  I can only say in her most difficult decision to
help her beloved Charo across the bridge in the manner which I have spoke of was
the most UNselfesh f all love that we can give out little guys.  So please
accept my deepest sympathy for Charo's passing and although she will be forever
missed, the day will come when you will once again share the happiness only she
could bring. You were and ARE a very special mother.

Sincerely,

Joseph C. Petrillo, George the guinea pigs father