[Gpdd] Re: [BEHAVIOR] CAGE BITING (migliors)

Skye skye_traveler at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 28 17:26:34 EDT 2003

for Migliors:

Sounds like your piggie has you trained to keep her entertained. LOL! :D  We
have had one piggie who loved to gnaw or bite his cage a lot. Checked his
teeth; had the vet check his teeth and mouth, etc. No damage or health
problems. We provided TP cardboard rolls and that helped keep him "busy," along
with some wood blocks and cardboard boxes in play time that he "scalloped" the
edges of, LOL! Piggies need to gnaw plus they can get bored as well. Yet, this
piggie persisted with the gnawing the cage bars, along with all his other
"activities," so we just let him do it after we checked with the vet, and made
sure he had other things to keep him from being bored, too. He was healthy and
it caused no problems for him, but I think it's always worth a check with the
vet to be sure, plus providing other gnawing possibilities.

Hope this is helpful! :D
   Skye