[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: new pigs

Skye skye_traveler at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 28 17:35:28 EDT 2003

For Grace Rivard:

>From my experience of having a variety of piggies over the years, I have found
that some personalities just don't mix (just like people), some piggies won't
tolerate each other as "roomies" and some piggies won't even tolerate neutral
floor playtime, while some others who refuse to live peaceably together, *will*
play together. I don't think there's much you can do to make them "play nice"
or live together if they don't like each other. At one point we had three large
cages because each piggie would not tolerate a "roomie." :=0 Yet, they would
play together for floor playtime where we have boxes and tunnels set up for
them. Sometimes we had two "shifts" of play time because two piggies just
wouldn't tolerate each other at all, anywhere, so they each got separate play
time with the third piggie, who was just fine with both of them. We handled
each of them, cuddled them (which all 3 enjoyed), fed them their goodies by
hand, etc., but they had their 'tudes toward each other and that was that.

Good luck! :D I hope you can find a way to keep them and you, happy, and your
lives peaceful!

Skye