[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Lice on my piggie!

Piazoe001 at aol.com Piazoe001 at aol.com
Tue Sep 30 18:34:33 EDT 2003

Hi.  My name is Christina and I have a big problem. One of my piggies had
these little mite-like critters on her.  I took her to the vet and he said she
had a type of lice that only live on guinea pigs!  Okay...so what do I do?  He
said I needed to bring my piggies in and he would give them each an oral
treatment to cure and prevent any further problems.  The treatments are 3 weekends
in a row.  Problem is, I have 15 piggies!  He told me he would only charge me
for meds, but that still comes out to $150 a visit.  So the entire treatment is
going to cost me $450!  AAACK!
Does anyone know of another route I could take in curing my babies that is
just as effective, but not quite as expensive?  My hubbie and I will take them
to the vet if that's the only option... but I thought I'd ask you guys first.
Thanks for helping!