[Gpdd] Health: Re: Bladderstones, acidity and Cranberry juice

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 2 10:23:31 EST 2004

Hey Heather!
Thank you for reminding about the Shilintong
herb because I definitely plan on asking my
Vet about that. I'm pretty sure that Janelle
(Pepper's Slave) started giving Pepper
Shilintong recently, so we have at least one
other piggie on that stuff. I have a question:
Where do you buy it? Do you get yours at a
local Health Food store? We have a few of
those around here and I get B-Bear's organic
veggies from one, so the next time I'm in
there, I'll ask if they carry the herb.

Also, when is Niles scheduled to have his
follow-up x-ray? I hope that the herb has
helped the little fella pass the stone.
And one last thing, Janelle mentioned that
Pepper hates the taste of the Shilintong, so
I was wondering how you administered the herb
to Niles?

I haven't been able to find much info about
the herb, and I was hestitant to give it to
B-Bear with such inadequate research done. But,
then I thought about what you wrote about how
we need some "guinea pigs" if you will, to try
this stuff out and report our findings and
hopefully help our future stone piggies. I
don't want to put Brownie Bear through bladder
stone surgery ever again, if I can avoid it.
But, I know that statistically, she will probably
develop another stone. :-( So, I'm gonna try to
get more info from my Vet and I'll let you
know if I decide to try the herb on B-Bear.

I hope that Niles is doing okay. Brownie Bear
and I send Healing Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps to
the Lil' Guy.

       Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeps,
         Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear :-)