[Gpdd] Health: Sick guinea pig?

Michelle Paschall PASCHALL at qualexphoto.com
Fri Apr 2 14:12:04 EST 2004

Danielle,

He may have a respiratory infection. You should probably get him to a
vet ASAP.  I just had a piggy die from this.  He showed signs one night
and died by 8:00AM the next morning.  Piggies go downhill fast.  The vet
can give him fluids and antibiotics. The signs of this are usually
crusty eyes and strange breathing noises.  Make sure he is eating also.
If not mash up some pellets with water and veggies in the blender and
try syringe feeding him with a syringe minus the needle part.  You can
do this by putting the syringe up against the back teeth in the side of
the mouth and squeeze a little at a time.  Also do the same with fluids
if he is not drinking.  Hopefully it is only allergies but I would check
with a vet.

Sincerely,

Michelle