[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR - first piggy beating up on new piggy - HELP!!

Comcast Mail pkduffy at comcast.net
Sat Apr 3 23:03:03 EST 2004

Hi.  I have submitted a few questions in the last two weeks and received very useful advice; I am hoping people can help me with this new problem.  I have a 4 to 4.5 month old unfixed male Abyssinian named Guinness who we purchased two weeks ago.  We purchased another male today who is a 2 month old Abyssinian and quite small (may be the runt).  We are tentatively naming him Butler.  Upon introduction (outside of the cage) Guinness was quite aggressive, making a new noise - a low chattering, and nipping and mounting Butler.  He also released a very strong urine-scented secretion around/on Butler.  We have tried three or four more closely monitored introductions, with the same results.  For the time being they will be in separate cages (Guinness in a three-story C&C cage and Butler in a conventional cage).  We want to keep them both but not if they have to always be separated.  Any suggestions?