[Gpdd] Misc: Guinea pigs as snake food

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Sun Apr 4 03:16:49 EDT 2004

Hi Marion and All Other Members,
       I too am most distressed about the exploitation of all animals. I
spent part of the last few days (ok-- nights!) reseaching things a bit, and I was
left more despairing and depressed than before I started. The problems are so
wide spread. We are protected from the reality of the lives so many animals
are forced to live -- the mass production, "for-profit" physical distortions and
deformities of a given animal's "natural" form, the loss of freedom to move
about in anyway.... And this barely scratches the surface.
       Joe, George's daddy, asked if there isn't some kind of alternative for
feeding snakes. I've been groping about but haven't found any information so
far, but I would so hope that there might be an alternative and that people
could be persuaded somehow to make a switch through some new "idea" (a kind of
breakthrough) in reptile food or whatever.
       But dear God -- let us not put living creatures in a cage with a snake
or anything else. Where are our hearts?
       And let us do what we can to make others more aware of the
dehumanizing consequences of our actions without make them resistive to our attempts to
improve the lives of all these creatures, great and small, over whom God gave
us dominion. And let us not mistake that for license for inhumanity and
brutality.

Alge