[Gpdd] MISC Hamster and guinea pig together

Bellarobi at aol.com Bellarobi at aol.com
Tue Apr 6 06:37:57 EDT 2004

Hi Leah,
in general it is advised to never introduce hamsters and guinea pigs. I would
think that the hamster can do more damage to the guinea pig, in case they
would bite each other. Hamsters are best kept alone, that's how they like it.,
and we all know Ms. Brownie Bears little attitudes..... However, our animals
live all very peaceful together. Our hamster has never bitten, and the dog and
piggies adore him.
Find out more about the personality of the hamster, chances are if it is a
Teddybearhamster he might not even know what biting is. They are the most
gentlest of them all. Either way, you want to introduce them very slow. A safe way
would be to let the hamster run in a hamsterball, that way they can see each
other but not harm each other.

good luck,
Marion