[Gpdd] MISC: responses to posts

Bethany Waldrop Keiper keiper at hiwaay.net
Fri Apr 9 14:02:35 EDT 2004

Brownie Bear rocks, I'd love to see some more photos of her, Leah.

Debra, the Kaytee Timothy pellets are more than oxbow, $7.99 for a small
bag. I just about fainted dead away when I went to check out. They also do
have alfalfa in them, it is just further down on the ingredient list. I have
wondered about their calcium content.

Jamie B., your piggies sound lucky to have such a nice, patient piggy-Mom.

Fran, I used to have all kinds of trauma with my girls and their toenails,
but now I just load the whole gang up and go to a local vet's office. It
costs $2 per pig, but it is well worth it for me. After I cut one of
Precious' toenails to short and it bled.... I just can't do it, it freaks me
out. It usually takes one person clipping, and two people holding (one of
them me)

Erin, your babies are SO PRECIOUS!! I am really far away from Canada... in
Mississippi, USA. You have some great photos of them.

Mmacadam, GPs are naturally skittish, some will always run when you try to
catch them or pet them. Try offering a treat when you want to catch/touch
them and they may learn that your hands are good things. Also, always be
super gentle. There are lots of sites on guinea pig care and illness, try
http://www.cavyspirit.com/ for a start.

I'll be glad when the Easter season has gone, seeing all the bunnies makes
me really sad since I lost my little one.

Bethany
http://home.hiwaay.net/~keiper/