[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOR] "Potty Training?"

DL1Bossfan at aol.com DL1Bossfan at aol.com
Sat Apr 10 23:56:43 EDT 2004

I have an abyssinian piggy named "Spike".  As I have mentioned in a previous
posting he has had 3 "buddies" all pass over the Rainbow Bridge since late
February.
I have always spent alot of time with each, but since he is the only one left
now, we have become inseperable (with the exception of my going to work, or
running an occasional errand).  Within the last two weeks, I have noticed (what
I think to be) an unusual behavior in him.  Sometimes he will be very still
for a long time while I'm petting him on my lap (even sleeping at times) or
beside me on the couch.  All of a sudden, he gets "antsy" - even tugging at my
clothes.  As soon as I put him down on the floor (I have an area with old
linoleum that needs to be replaced that I let him run in), he goes to the bathroom.
It is almost as if he is trying to tell me that he has to go, and doesn't
want to go on me or the furniture!  I realize that dogs, cats, and even some
rabbits can be trained to go outside or use litter boxes, but I have never heard
of a g.p.  I am wondering if any of you have experienced such behavior?  This
is great! - especially if it continues!!

Donna and Spike