[Gpdd] Re: Grisofulvin

Donna Lenz dlenz at us.ibm.com
Mon Apr 12 12:56:36 EDT 2004

Hi, I haven't posted on here for a LONG time.  But I've been reading about
a lot of fungus lately.  The safest and quickest way to treat them is with
LymDyp.  One Teaspoon mixed with 2 cups of warm water, then sponge all over
the pig.  Just be careful, and start the top of the head back.  Don't use
on their faces.  Do this weekly for 4 weeks.  LymDyp is available on the
net for about $12.00.

I went through 2 years of this with my Herbie.  He was back and forth to
the vet, Ivormectin, and he began having seizures.  They went on for about
a year and a half.  The vets said Grisofulvin should not be given to a sick
pig.  So go figure?  I had also worked with Peter Gurney, who is a
wonderful gentlemen.  But his holistic treatments didn't work.

Finally I took Herbie to see Dr Kathy Quesenberry, who is the best Exotic
Vet in the USA.  She teaches other vets about pocket pets.  She gave Herbie
an Ivormectin shot, a liqued batril, and the LymDyp.  The LymDyp did the
trick!  Within a week the seizures stopped.  It was amazing!

Hope this helps some of you!

Donna