[Gpdd] CARE Mr. Al Crispy

Bellarobi at aol.com Bellarobi at aol.com
Mon Apr 12 13:05:00 EDT 2004

Hi Zahra, Mom, and mr. Al Crispy

I am so glad that Mr. Crispy is in your hands now, and that you are thinking
about getting a new, bigger cage without the nasty metal that hurts his feet.
www.feretstore.com has quite a variety on cages, or PetSmart and Petco is a
good place to look for one as well. I think that the bigger the better. I use
Aspen and pine bedding for our piggies. They like to have a house to hide in.
Make sure that you'll have thimothy hay available at all times ( alfalfa hay up
to 6 months old pigs) and  premium pellets. He might appreciate hard bread to
nibble on. I have a salt lick and fresh water available at all times. I give
mine 4 baby carrots each in the morning, or 2-3 leaves of romaine lettuce. You
can try 1/3 of an apple, or a handfull of dandelion leaves. I feed the fresh
veggies twice a day. Even when Mr. Crispy gets a bigger cage I would still let
him run in a piggy safe enviroment. He'll get used to it and will enjoy it. A
carpeted area works best. There is no need to neuter him, unless you want to
get him a female companion and not have babies.
He is on lucky pig, and it sounds like he is getting used to you already.

best wishes,
Marion