[Gpdd] Care: Re: New Piggie won't eat veggies

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 12 14:20:23 EDT 2004

Hey Sue,
I'm sorry to hear about your little guy,
Freddy. But, I'm also happy that you were
able to find another piggie. Welcome Dory!
I'm sure you'll get lots of advice on getting
Dory to eat up those veggies, but I just
wanted to tell you about my experience with
a picky eater: Brownie Bear. When B-Bear was
a baby, she wouldn't eat ANY veggies. I
tried to introduce all kinds of veggies to
her, but Nope! that Sassy Pig would eat None
of it. So, I started leaving veggies in her
cage before I went to bed. And they would be
sitting in there when I checked on her in the
morning. So, every 3rd night or so, I would leave
veggies in her cage at night. Well, FINALLY,
when she was probably 4 months old, the veggies
DISAPPEARED...Yippee!! I think the first thing
I got her to eat was red leaf lettuce. So, I
kept trying to add on to the veggie list and it
was a process because she is such a Finicky little
pig. Now, she'll eat most veggies that I put
in front of her. But, if it's something new,
then I will start to eat it in front of her,
and I'll say "Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Yum! Yum!",
and then she'll try it out. Pretty funny.

So, maybe Dory is a picky piggie and she doesn't
trust veggies yet. But, it doesn't mean she'll
never eat them. She may just need a little time,
that's all.

     Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps,
       Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear :-)