[Gpdd] HEALTH chewing on cuddlecups

Bellarobi at aol.com Bellarobi at aol.com
Tue Apr 13 07:41:07 EDT 2004

Hi Giki,
you made an excellent point with the warnings about piggies chewing on piggy
unfriendly materials. I am so watchful, and it still happens at times that
something like a plastic bag is laying in the piggy run and sure enough one of
them gets into it.
As a rule, everything in my guinea pig cage is all natural; woodchips, hay,
food. I will not put anything made out of fabric in there for the very reason
that they are nibblers and will try everything sooner or later. For hiding
places in their free run I use woodtunnels and houses or cardboard and hang
blankets over them for extra hiding, but put them high enough so they won't be able
to nibble on. They "stole" my dogs fleece mat and love laying in that. It is
not stuffed with anything, just fleece and a rubber matt on the bottom. Even
though, they only get to lay in it when supervised. It still makes me little
nervous thinking about what it would do to their intestines if they decide to
chew on it, not to mention the chemicals that might be left in it from the
laundrysoap.
Lots to consider....

best wishes,
Marion