[Gpdd] Misc - Off Topic Hamsterball

Georgina.Wien at wintershall.com Georgina.Wien at wintershall.com
Tue Apr 13 09:02:16 EDT 2004

Dear Marion,
the information I posted is generally accepted knowledge here in Germany,
there even are petstores that stopped selling hamsterballs because of their
dangers.
I have the information from a magazine that is on sale here in Germany
called Rodentia, which has articles on care, feeding, housing and animal
cruelty to small animals especially of the ordent family (yes and they
apologize every time that guineas aren´t rodents). Second source of
information on this is my vet, we come together about once every 2 months
for what we call the small animals coffee klatsch (people that come there
own gueineas, rabbits, rats, chinchillas, degus, hamsters) she often
prepares a presentation and we just generally share experiences. When you
ask our vet about hamsters she´ll tell you two things:
1. Don´t keep hamsters as a pet for children.
2. Don´t put hamsters in hamsterballs.
I know would suggest that we continue any further discussion on this
off-topic off the list, as other members might be getting bored.
Kind regards
Georgina