[Gpdd] Care (new piggie ,no veggies)

Susan Eastin susan at boatlift.com
Tue Apr 13 18:49:14 EDT 2004

Hi Sue-
I am sorry to hear about Freddy. Your new piggy will surely get used to
you and her new environment in time. I would be that is why she is so
quiet right now, probably just frightened. This is just a thought, but
I'll bet if you were to get a second piggy (from somewhere else where
they feed a better variety of foods, maybe a rescue or shelter), she
could learn much about eating and wheeking and such. And probably
warm up to her new home much faster. I've found with the OP's that if
they ignore a new food at first, if I continue to offer a bit of it
every so often, they may eventually try it. And who knows - they
may discover they actually like it! (just like my kids!) Altho'
the piggies still run from any citrus fruits! You'd think I'd offered
them mothballs!
So hang in there, Dory sounds precious, and will soon realize how
lucky she is.  Keep us informed on how she is doing.
Piggie hugs'n'kisses,
Susi and the Okie Piggies
Snowy, CocoPuff and Lil' Whistle

(it was recently suggested I more carefully choose names
for any future piggies, that perhaps their names are like
self-fulfilling prophecies - SnowBALL and CocoPUFF! And
Lil' Whistle does tend to whistle more than he wheeks,
come to think of it!)