[Gpdd] HEALTh - Poivre

Sharon Kendall sharonk908 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 11:10:23 EDT 2004

I'm very sad for you.  I know how you feel.  March 16th I lost my first, Piglet.  He was 5 yrs and 3 mos.  You know how they are, even under the most watchful eye, sometimes you don't know they're sick until it's almost too late, then you scramble and try everything, wishing you could have, would have, should have.  In the end, we opted for him to be helped so that the suffering would stop.  He was just too sweet and special to endure any more pain.  Afterwards, the autopsy revealed that he was suffering from sever kidney, liver and heart disease, not to mention the problems that presented outward.  It made me feel better knowing this.  It confirmed the fact that I made the right choice and he would not have done well with surgery - probably wouldn't have made it at all - and if left to nature, his death would have been prolonged and more painful.  This was after about 2 weeks of vet vists and a tremendous amout of at-home care.  My boy didn't suffer pneumonia, so I can't advise on
 that, but I am all in favor of helping them along when it's only a matter of suffering.  I feel they deserve more than that, given all they add to our lives.  Good luck with all your others.  With someone who cares as much as you, at least they have the best chance.
Best Wishes, Sharon and Buttercup