[Gpdd] HEALTH: Update on a skinny pig

Vanessa vbatcules at cogeco.ca
Wed Apr 14 22:58:13 EDT 2004

Hello Robyn
I was reading back issues of the digest and came across your email about the 'skinny piggy and found what you wrote about very similar to what one of my boars is going through.  He (and his buddy Ernie) were a rescue from the humane society, and was and mostly still is, very, very skinny.  I've taken him to the vet and he could find nothing wrong with him (checked his teeth, internal, etc.)  The conclusion I've come to is that he has been 'bullied' by his cage mate, Ernie, who is very aggressive and bothers poor Bert constantly.  I've separated them after taking some time to figure it out, and Bert seems to be on the mend.  I am thinking, however, that because of this, not eating properly and all, he may have something similar to your Lucy- his 'poops' are very small and dry.  You said you used pineapple juice and liquid paraffin and baby food, etc....if you could possibly send me some details of what you used, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks
Vanessa, slave to Skittles, the Tyrant Princess, and little Bert and Ernie the 'terror'.