[Gpdd] [Misc] Bad info ???

Susan Eastin susan at boatlift.com
Thu Apr 15 16:30:56 EDT 2004

Hi Lisa-
I certainly agree with you on the blanket and hot water
bottle, etc. However, we have had a vet give that very
advice before, a very small dose of whiskey. This website
seems to only suggest a drop in an emergency situation,
in combination with other measures, so it may be worth
a try in that situation. Hopefully, none of us will find
ourselves in that predicament.
Aside from that one suggestion, that may be questionable
if it ever even comes up, the rest of the website looks
pretty good, I think. (although I did have to scan it
pretty quickly) It may not be our favorite gp website
or first choice in presentation, but is probably pretty
decent information to a new piggie owner in the absence
of a GPDD or Peter Gurney. I'm printing a copy for further
study. As I may have mentioned before, I'm thinking we
should think about coming up with something like this
we can print out and give out to new or potential gp
slaves, just in case it's the only information they get.
It should also include links to other good websites,
good gp care books, etc. Maybe we could all somehow
contribute to such a work. I just know that I've seen
some really good information in various places, but
not all together. (I don't think I would want to
include the whiskey idea) And there are so many great
gp minds here with such varied experience, we could
come up with a pretty good offering, I think. Yes, it
would be a lot of work, but if it's team effort it
could be worth it. (We could enlist some of the more
talented piggies to help, those who sneak at night
to use slaves' computers to email their friends!
Maybe they could even write a book from the piggie's
point of view!)
Anyone interested?
Susi and the OP's