[Gpdd] (CARE) Re: chewable vitamin C

Deb Tabert atjnp at wmis.net
Fri Apr 16 18:14:59 EDT 2004

Kelly...I feed my pigs 1/4 of a GNC 100mg Chewable Vit. C every day; as a
matter of fact, they even ask for it with much cage rattling while I feed
the dogs first thing!  I like the GNC because it's easy to cut into
quarters, so they get 25mg/day (give or take!), and if someone's sick, they
get a half tab (50mg).  Sometimes it takes a pig that's new to the house a
wheek or two to decide they are OK; I offer the new pig a piece just like
everybody else; if they don't eat it, I leave it in the cage and take it out
in the evening.  I've never had a pig not decide they like it.

I went with the chewable route because it was infinitely easier for me than
liquid in water-bottles

Wheeks and arfs to all!

Deb, Ronnie the paper-eating Wonder Dog, and his sidekick Burton, Lewis,
Blizzard, Count Olaf, Dunkachino, Judge, Buddy and Cinnamon, remembering KB
(who left for the Bridge 8/27/03), Buttons (7/14/03), Estes (2/25/03),
Vinny, Sable, Harriet, Brodie, Patches and Little Bit