[Gpdd] [announcement] - Cleo's surgery outcome...

Bob & Chris Robertson rssg at earthkink.net
Sun Apr 18 17:07:38 EDT 2004

Just a quick note concerning our Cleo's surgery.  She had two lumps
surgically removed on Friday.  The largest was on her shoulder and was a
solid, hard mass from the core to the shell.  The smaller was in the groin
area and had a hard shell, but the center was like cottage cheese.  They
have both been sent to a lab for analysis.

In the meantime, I was really amazed at Cleo's spirit.  She will be six
years old in two weeks, and we were unsure if we should do the surgery, but
we knew from the position of the growth on her back it was just a matter of
time before it reached her lungs.

Cleo was wide awake and ready to eat when we picked her up from the vet.
She had only been out of surgery for an hour when we arrived!  She rode home
on a soft towel with stitches in all directions.  After some love we gave
her medication and expected her to sleep.  Not Cleo, she was up prowling the
cage looking for treats!!! When I got up this morning (Sunday) she was
standing at the cage door waiting for breakfast, and it was apparent she had
resumed her place in the cage as the Alpha pig.  These little guys & gals
can have a really remarkable will to survive.  Her cage-mate was really glad
to see her.  She had moped all day on Friday while Cleo was gone.

I just wanted to share this, as I am always encouraged when I read reports
of our little ones beating the odds.

Chris, Cleo & Spookie