[Gpdd] MISC: Hammy the Hampster -- with GP of course

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Sun Apr 18 23:05:30 EDT 2004

Hey Jenni!
    Hammy the Hamster is part of an English "Along the Riverbank" tv series,
originally in black and white but I think there were color episodes later. I
was going to get a couple from the UK on VHS but fortunately someone
fortunately told me that our VCR's use a different format. I was able to get a couple
that had been reformatted for our US VSC's but there was some loss of quality,
unfortunately.
     Anyway, the "characters" are played by live animals, one of which is
G.P. the rather knowledgeable guinea pig. Roderick the Rat is another character.
I think they're charming, myself.
       My DVD player won't connect to my tv unfortunately. One of these days
I must get an adapter for it.
       Someone on the gpdd recently mentioned that the series has run on the
Animal Planet channel. Wish I'd known that! (If it ever does again, will
someone email me?)
       The Jolly Rodents send enthusiastic wheeeks to Beethoven. Ebe hasn't
forgotten being permitted to do the back up moves with Beethoven during the
trip to Cape Alava. He says there were plenty of swooning sows!

Alge