[Gpdd] Announcement: Thanks -- Ohio Guinea Pigs

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Sun Apr 18 23:39:53 EDT 2004

Hi Everyone and Everypig,
     Alge here: Received an email from Jessica (Jess) Rosler here in
Southeastern Ohio which is meant for everyone. It follows:

<<<Hello! Sorry, I haven't posted, I have been SO busy lately! We have been
driving "piggy trains" we started 2 trains a week ago sunday, this placed 25
guinea pigs! We are down to about 12 males needing homes, and most of the
females are  too pregnant to leave, but all are doing well!

I would like to thank EVERYONE who has sent a dontation to help, it really
means a lot, and it sure has helped greatly!>>>

       It sounds like there is still a need for homes for some of the boys.
The babies, as they arrive, will need homes as well. I'm grateful that so many
have helped with this rescue which has prevented these 100+  piggies from
being sold as food for snakes.

       I really don't like to keep mentioning their intended fate, for it
appalls and horrifies me, but it does remind us of how important all of our
rescue people are. I, too, thank all who have helped.

       Dawnda's new piggies are from this group and at least one of her new
girls is about to deliver, I believe. Maybe they've already been born. I am
behind on my reading and am looking forward to news.

Alge