[Gpdd] Announcement - Paddington has left

Georgina.Wien at wintershall.com Georgina.Wien at wintershall.com
Tue Apr 20 01:59:58 EDT 2004

Dear everyone,
today there is the sad story of Paddington that needs to be posted.
Paddington died yesterday morning. He only had been with me for 2 days,
after some idiot had dumped him and his 3 companions in the forest. I took
the four of them to the vet straight after they arrived, but she couldn´t
find anything and thought them to be healthy. Unfortunately sunday evening
Paddington stopped eating, I force-fed him with baby-vegetables, but
obviously it was to late for him. I found him yesterday morning cuddled up
between two of his companions. What a shame he only shared this very short
time with us. He was the most beautiful long-haired golden-blondish
coloured guinea-pig with a very soft coat and a very friendly face. You can
tell that they were well taken care of, before being dumped that is.
When I took the other three back to the vet yesterday, we discovered they
have coccidae. So in future the vet will check all new guinea-pigs on that
again as well. She claims that when she started doing small animals she
always tested for coccidae, but didn´t discover just one case, so she
stopped the testing at it was a waste of money and time. So, if anything
Paddingtons death might help some other little guy having the diagnosis
early enough to be treated.
Farewell Paddington and keep an eye on your three companions here being
treated now.
Kind regards
Georgina