[Gpdd] re: [CARE] <salt wheels>

Lauren Cordeiro petunia_loo at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 20 19:47:29 EDT 2004

I asked my vet about this before and he said they shouldn't need them because they should get the necessary salt from their food. I used to put the salt & mineral wheels in their cages, but they never used it so I haven't in a while. I don't think salt intake would be related to your last pigs' unfortunate illnesses. You could try a salt or mineral wheel, and if your new guy likes it, then keep it; if he doesn't, I would say forget it.
Wheeeeks,
Lauren, Pooh and P-girl