[Gpdd] [Health] Feeding Question

Susan Eastin susan at boatlift.com
Wed Apr 21 14:14:52 EDT 2004

Concerning picking dandelions and clover and such . . .
I always wonder if the area has been sprayed with
something unfriendly.  As far as the distance
from the road for 'safe' pickin's . . . I think
that depends partly on the road, i.e., how heavy
is the traffic, etc. On little county roads, I
usually feel that across the ditch from the
pavement is safe, which would be about 15 ft.
But I prefer areas I know are safe (around here,
the county comes around spraying along the roads
sometimes, so then that isn't safe, either),
like yards of friends who don't spray, and
where there's little or no foot traffic on
the good stuff. Of course, as we mentioned in
earlier posts, stay away from areas where
birds roost, or any obvious bird droppings.
Still hungry?
Susi and the OP's