[Gpdd] Silly Site

Selena S. fuzzyrainbow at shaw.ca
Wed Apr 21 17:17:31 EDT 2004

There's a lot of funny labels etc. on this site and I hope it doesn't offend
anyone.  It sort of shows how funny it can be when other cultures try to
literally translate into English or from English to Asian languages.  For
example the movie Dumb and Dumber was (to the best of my knowledge) called
"Two Morons" in Japanese:-)  I have heard of a book called "DOS for Dummies"
translated as "DOS for Porcupines" because the culture's word for "Dummy"
was "porcupine.":-)  Anyway, have fun and watch for wrapping (and I wonder
if they use piggies to promote things there):

http://www.engrish.com/detail.php?imagename=cheerful-hamster.jpg&category=Bags/Packaging&date=2003-03-18
*******
Selena Simonetti
fuzzyrainbow at shaw.ca