[Gpdd] [Health] not eating

Lisa B cavylover74 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 21 18:06:10 EDT 2004

Hi Rachel and welcome to GPDD!  Were you giving him a probiotics?
Antibiotics kill the flora in the gut and they need this to keep the good
stuff in there and keep everything flowing okay.  What antibiotic was he
on?  And what kind of food are you hand-feeding him?  I would call the
vet and let them know.
Hope the little guy starts eating on his own again.

Lisa

Hello,
I am new to this list. I hope I am doing the topic correctly.

I have a guinea pig (Shaggy) that I have had for about a month. This
past Monday he had cold symptoms so I took him to the vet. He had stuff
in his eyes and his head was tilted to one side. He was on some
antibiotics and in a few days he no longer tilted his head. The problem I have
with him now is that he just sits there. He rarely eats or drinks. I
have to feed him water and food with a syringe. He eats and drinks like
that but won't do it on his own. I can't figure out why or what to do.
He was eating fine and was very energetic but since he got sick he just
sits around. Any advice?
Thanks
Rachel