[Gpdd] Health: The Effects of Neutering on Impaction?

Michelle Paschall PASCHALL at qualexphoto.com
Wed Apr 21 10:13:50 EDT 2004

I had one pig neutered .  He developed impaction right after and was
never back to himself again.  I would have to clean him daily and he
died shortly thereafter.  I think it weakened his muscles and he was not
able to poop anymore.

Michelle
While browsing various guinea-pig sites online
I came across something that I thought was
rather puzzling, but didn't pay much attention
to.  However, as of late it has been something
I keep coming back to.  One website I visited
claimed that neutering male guinea pigs would
prevent impaction.  Is there any truth in this?
I personally think it is false, but I do not
feel completely qualified and wonder if those who
know more than me might have other comments.
Thank you for your time.  n_n

~ Ducky