[Gpdd] Health..neutering/impaction

Susan Eastin susan at boatlift.com
Thu Apr 22 14:48:37 EDT 2004

Ducky and Lauren and Jim and All~
Guess I'll jump in here, too, though we haven't had
any first hand experience with impaction. Our boys
are still young. I have noticed CP seems to collect
a lot of junk underneath at times, so I try to
carefully clean him up. He doesn't care for this
until I rub his fat tummy, then anything's fine.
One of the main reasons we had LW altered was to
hopefully tone down his sudden adolescent behavior.
He moped around for a few days while he recovered,
during which he was hopelessly spoiled, and still
expects breakfast in bed and fresh sheets
twice a day. But add LW to CP plus Snowy and
you get the same result as before! He races
around, challenging CP (who is endlessly patient),
annoying Snowy  (he still hasn't gotten the hang
of things, so to speak, and will climb on her
any direction and just sit there, his legs
dangling!) and just keeping things in a general
uproar. He goes around dragging his butt and
rumbling and purring and squealing, just like
before! Maybe we should have had it done BEFORE
he learned these behaviors!  But, when he is
back in his bachelor pad, by himself, he spends
a lot of time sitting in his 'piggie pocket*'
(tho' that may only be when I'm around - maybe
I'll hide a spycam to see what's really going on!).
So at this point I don't really see any change in
his behavior. But CP is getting more reluctant to
leave the condo for floortime, as he anticipates
yet another confrontation with the Pest! If they
are down at the same time, I try to keep a fence
down the middle, and let Snowy spend time on each
side. And whichever side she's on, she spends part
of her time sitting by the fence, believing the
grass to be greener on the other side! (Isn't this
why I took LW to the vet in the first place? So I
wouldn't have to separate them?) So now I'm thinking
about bringing another piggie home to keep LW company.
One other thing I've noticed, that I've never seen
mentioned anywhere in piggydom. Sometimes, I think
out of frustration, LW will leap in the air and
kick sideways with a back leg, just like a karate
kick! I don't know what would follow, because whenever
I see him do this I crack up and he evaporates! He
does this toward Snowy, and I actually saw her do it
once toward him!  Have the Okie Piggies become the
Karate Pigs?
Just my observations . . . .
Susi and the OP's

*our Piggie Pocket is the