[Gpdd] [HEALTH] <neutering/impaction link>

Lauren Cordeiro petunia_loo at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 22 13:56:39 EDT 2004

I'm interested in a few people's posts about how their pigs seemed to suffer from impaction problems after they had been neutered. It sems a lot of the info I found suggested the exact opposite! It makes me what exactly the nature of the link is between neutering/impaction, if there is one at all. For those whose pigs have suffered because of a neuter, I am sincerely sorry. However, let me just offer that my own boy, Pooh Bear, has been neutered since January, and I haven't noticed much difference in him at all. He still rumblestruts and has a ton of energy. He just doesn't pursue Piglet's bum like he used to! (she is also fixed). But now I think I will watch more closely and check PBear every so often in case any impaction problems might develop, especially because he rubs his bum on his bedding a lot. Thanks for everybody's comments.
Wheeks,
Piglet, Pooh and Lauren