[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Impaction

Tiffany Bailey tbdove at kingwoodcable.net
Thu Apr 22 23:20:15 EDT 2004

I recently made my first Guinea Pig purchase.  The store told me the piggie was a girl, but it turned out to be a boy.  When I'm not playing with my new friend, I am spending every available minute researching this magnificent animal on the internet.  I have read a lot of good information about impaction on this digest lately, but what I need to know is, how do you know if your piggie has a problem, and how do you know if you need to "clean" them.  And how often.  If anyone would care to explain this "cleaning" to me in more detail, you are welcome to reply to my email address personally.  I understand it might not be for the general audience. :o)   Also, I am thrilled to "meet" all of you wonderful animal lovers!  I see that I am not the only one who is obsessed with my new family member.

My prayers are with all of the grieving pet owners.  We lost an adorable hamster last year and it still hurts that we didn't have more time with her. <sigh>

Sincerely, Tiffany and "Sebastian"