[Gpdd] Health: Re: Pig Period

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 23 09:02:02 EDT 2004

Hey Linda!
>From what I understand, piggies don't menstruate,
so if you see blood on their toweling, you should
take your piggies to the Vet. Also, watch them
when they urinate because if they are in pain
"down there", they will cry or whine when they
urinate. I hope all of your little Piggies are
okay. Let us know what you find out.

    Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeps,
       Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear :-)

Hi to all Pigs and People,

I have what seems like a wacky question. Do piggies
menstruate? Loretta and Olive came to me about two
months ago from the humane society and this morning,
for the third time since I have had them, I found a
few spots of smeared, dried blood on their toweling.
I have checked them, as well as their cagemate Penny,
from head to toe for any sign of a wound or cut or
any other reason for bleeding and I can find nothing.
I would appreciate any information you may have.
Thank you!                         Peace, Linda