[Gpdd] HEALTH - RE: BROKEN TEETH

a.mills at portset.net a.mills at portset.net
Fri Apr 23 15:17:48 EDT 2004

ello

Regarding the guinea pig whose teeth keep breaking.  Is the guinea pig getting enough vitamin c?  When I bought one of my guinea pigs, the pet shop said that he kept playing dead.  He would lie on his side with his legs stretched out.  Another thing I noticed as soon as I got him was that his teeth kept breaking.  I came to the conclusion that he had the start of a vitamin c deficiency so I started giving him plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables.  He has never played dead since I have had him and his teeth no longer break.  It took quite a while for his teeth to stop breaking but they're fine now.  Make sure your guinea pig is getting plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, hay and a special guinea pig food.  Rabbit food does not contain vitamin c and shouldn't be fed to guinea pigs.  This may not be your guinea pig's problem but I am sure that was what was wrong with my little boy.