[Gpdd] [MISC] Susie, Shaggy, and Paddington

judith sharamitaro shim1990 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 23 19:42:28 EDT 2004

My computer has been misbehaving, so I haven't been able to post for a while.  My condolences to all those who have had a friend cross The Bridge, most recently Shaggy and Paddington.  Also, to Jessica,  I'm so sorry to hear about Susie!  My dear old Gaylord (shepherd/lab) died Dec. 29, (15 days after my girl Corky) at the age of 12 1/2.  Not only was he an all around great dog, but he loved our guinea pigs, and thought they were the funniest little things he'd ever seen!  Susie was another of the elite group of dog guinea pig slaves, I think!
     On a happy note, congratulations to those who have new babies!  Petunia's 5 babies are now three months old, and four are happy in their new homes.  Corkster is living quite contentedly here with mum and "Auntie" Porky. (Poor old Porky is still not sure what the heck happened!)  We enjoyed every minute with Petunia's Poppers, and I'm sure you all will enjoy your babies as well.
     A while back I read some postings regarding overweight piggies.  Ms. Porky weighs in at a "modest" 3 lbs, 4 oz!
She is a very placid pig by nature, and despite lots of exercise opportunities, she prefers lounging.  (Except when she hears the crinkling of cellophane....)  My vet says she's fit as a fiddle (at 3 years), so I suspect that, like people, some pigs are just coach potatoes by nature!  ( Porky is also the sweetest piggie ever.  Petunia is flighty, while Corkster is fiesty.  Oh, did I mention they are all spoiled??)
     Finally, to Leah ~ Oh, how much we enjoy reading about that sassy girl Brownie Bear!  My pigs are livid that they cannot be free range, after seeing her set up!  I tried to explain that with the cats, puppy, kids, etc, it isn't possible, but they're having none of that.  Corkster especially enjoys hearing about her nipping at mom and daddy slave, as she's a "little nipper" herself.  They are dying to know Brownie Bear's secrets to slave training...perhaps she could write a manual???  Keep the stories coming!
                                                  Judi & the gang
                         Remembering forever Corky, Gaylord, and Pickles