[GPDD] (MISC) re: difficulties with parents

Susan Eastin susan at boatlift.com
Tue Apr 27 14:38:04 EDT 2004

Hi Laura-
Renee really had lots of good advice. One thing, the part about timing,
is a valuable lesson for all of us to learn throughout life. If we are
careful to pick the right time to discuss something, we will have much
better results. The idea of researching and getting all the information
you can first is also excellent, and will give you great experience for
doing the same with various other subjects throughout life. In general,
these are basic tools we all deal with in daily life as adults, so you
are actually gaining valuable expertise that will serve you well. The
reminder to stay calm is also important, although it may sometimes be
the hardest, considering the situation.
But another suggestion she gave may be one of your most valuable, and
that is to consult with your regular vet. If your mom is willing to use
him, but not an exotics vet, make the most of it. As Renee suggested,
gather as much information as you can to share with your vet, as long
as he is open to this. In doing so, you not only help your vet to help
your piggie, but he will also be better prepared to help other piggies
as well. And look at all you will gain in the process!
Best of luck to you. If your mom has any questions, I'm sure most of
us would be more than glad to help out. She may just turn into 'one
of us'!
Piggie hugs'n'kisses,
Susi and the Okie Piggies
Snowy, CocoPuff and Lil' Whistle