[Gpdd] Health: Re: Allergies

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 28 13:06:41 EDT 2004

Hey Tina & Slaves!
I also suffer with allergy problems.
After I Love all over my pig, I'm usually
stuffed up. And sometimes (but not always)
I will get that itchy rash on my arm and
even on my face. So, I tried different
allergy medications and eventually ended
up with Allegra-D. That's the only one that
works for me (without making me Drowsy).

So, I was pretty much taking Allegra-D
every day up until last October 2003. Hubby
and I bought a better vacuum cleaner and
within a wheeeeeeeeeek, I wasn't taking my
Allegra-D anymore. I guess part of my allergies
problems was somewhat self-inflicted since
our old vacuum was crappy (It was a Dirt
Devil 'Featherlite' and we didn't vacuum once
a wheeeek like you're supposed to).

I really did think I was allergic to guinea
pigs, and there's only 1 or 2 Allergists close
to where I live and it takes FOREVER to get an
appointment with them (so I just said, Forget it!).
But, now I have come to the conclusion that I
am allergic to the hay and also the wood-based
beddings (i.e. pine, aspen, etc.).

Also, I'm sure that keeping Brownie Bear on towels
helps me too. I used to keep her on CareFresh and
I always have CareFresh on hand. I think the
CareFresh was better for my allergies too, but if
I let it go more than a wheeeeek without a full
clean, my nose would start getting stuffed up a
little bit in the evenings. Sigh!

       Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeps,
          Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear :-)