[Gpdd] [CARE]re: Picky Eaters

BARRINGER JAMIE MAE barringj at ucsu.colorado.edu
Thu Apr 29 16:36:32 EDT 2004

On trying new foods, I allowed each of my piggies a small piece of spinach
as a treat after they went through the trauma of watching their carefully
peed on and chewed newspapers get thrown away in a cage cleaning. Three of
them ate theirs, and Sonja loved it and was begging noisily for more.
However Max freaked out and LEPT into my arms from clear across his cage
to get away from the awful green thing I put on his brick. He hid under my
elbow and wouldn't even look at the spinach except to glance up briefly to
see if it had gone yet.  Unfortunately he has eventually decided that
spinach might not be so scary after all.

-Jamie B. with Max, and Brunhilde, Gus and Sonja