[Gpdd] Health: Re: Allergies

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 30 12:13:33 EDT 2004

Hey Alyssa!
Ah man, that sucks that you've developed Asthma
as a result of your allergies. Ya know, although
the CareFresh was better for my allergies, it
was rather dusty and it would make me sneeze at
times. And if I let it go more than a wheeeek
without giving it a full clean, I would be totally
stuffed up (especially in the evening).

But, anyways, so, as you know, now I use towels.
But, I must warn you before I write on. I am
Super ANAL RETENTIVE about cleaning my piggie's
area, so I am probably not the norm. I'm just kind
of Psycho about cleaning and really I'm borderline
OCD about germs (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder).
Yes, it's true. (But, I think most of you Slaves
probably had figured that out if you've seen any
of Brownie Bear's websites).

Okay, well, Brownie is free range, so she doesn't
spend all day in her cage. So, that would most
likely affect how often you would need to change
your piggies towels. Plus, she's a Solo-Pig but
how much Poop can one piggie produce?!?!? ha ha
I think we all know the answer to that question.

So, here's what I do:
I change the towels in her big cage every 12 hours.
I change the towels under our dining room table
every 1-2 days.
I change the towels in her tent every 2-3 days.
I change the towel in her Cuddle Cup every 1-2
days.
I change the towel in her travel cage every
24 hours.
I change the towel on the floor (where I keep
her grassy hut and one of her pigloos) every
2-3 days. But, I keep an extra towel under the
grassy hut because she poops and pees in there
all the time. So, that towel gets changed every
12 hours.
And last, I change the towel in her piggie garage
every 2-3 days.

The areas where I don't change as often are areas
where Brownie Bear spends the least amount of time.
And a lot of times, she'll be good to me and not
mess up her areas. Like, she usually doesn't pee
in her Cuddle Cup, but every so often, I'll feel
a little wetness.

Now, I realize that that is pretty excessive for
the average Slave. And I do an even more Excessive
amount of towel laundry. But, that's because I have
so many areas for that Sassy pig to go. I don't mind
the laundry though.

Oh, and no, I don't use newspapers at all.
And yes, I do use hay, but not so much as bedding.
I keep timothy hay in both pigloos along with a
toilet paper roll stuffed with the hay. Also, I
keep hay in her tent and her travel cage. And
last, I keep hay in her hay rack in her big cage.
And yes, it makes a mess, well, rather Brownie
Bear makes a mess of it. I do shake out the towels
with the hay outside of our apartment and then I
sweep up the mess afterwards.

I hope this helps. I really do like using towels
because I don't suffer with my allergies like I
used to. Oh, but I will say this: For me, I am
really allergic to the timothy hay, but I would
never take that out of B-Bear's diet, so I just
deal with it for the most part. And I give my hands
a good Wash after I handle it.

Wow! I didn't mean to write so much. But, hopefully,
you got something out of it. Let us know what you
decide to do and if it's working for you.

Have a GREAT Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekend!!! :-)

    Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeps,
       Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear :-)