[Gpdd] health (allergies)

Susan Eastin susan at boatlift.com
Fri Apr 30 14:01:59 EDT 2004

Even if a person isn't allergic to the animals,
you can be allergic to the bedding. Although
the allergist who tested me said I do not have
allergies, only non-allergic reactions, I cannot
tolerate cedar shavings! I discovered that as a
girl at the fair, every time I walked across the
Dairy Arena I got an instant sinus headache. It
was always a foot deep in fresh cedar chips, but
none of the other arenas or stalls had it.
I can only imagine how the poor piggies must feel
when an unknowing person fills their cage with
cedar! Especially if they have to live in an
aquarium! Ughhhh!
Susi and the OP's