[Gpdd] {HEALTH} <RE: Muffin congested?>

petunia_loo at yahoo.com petunia_loo at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 2 17:48:48 EDT 2004

I can't hear it for myself, but I would go with your
gut that Muffin is congested. I would definitely
schedule a vet visit ASAP!  Put her chest to your ear,
and listen to her breathing for congestion. Keep an
eye out for discharge from the eyes/nose and for lack
of energy and appetite. If you have a scale, weigh her
regularly, and if you don't have one - get one!!! make
sure she is drinking and eating and pooping. If not,
you may need to syringe feed her. Oxbow's critical
care is best to feed for pigs who are not eating but
if you don't have it make a pellet mash. Put pellets
in w/ some water and microwave it until you can mush
the pellets into a paste. Upper respiratory infections
are very serious in guinea pigs and can not wait to be
treated.
Best wishes and keep us posted,
Lauren, Pooh Bear and Piglet

=====
Tens of millions of healthy companion animals are euthanized each year in the U.S. Adopt a homeless pet. Have your pets spayed and neutered.

Join the Guinea Pig Rescue Transport Group!